The main objective behind the complete cycle ride is to create awareness among people to protect the environment and handing over the best planet to the future generation. As part of this Mr. Ravi Kiran will be planting 15000 saplings across India. He would like request every one of you to be a part of this noble cause and donate generously. A small contribution from you may turn our planet a bit greener.
Ride for green India partnered with Grow tree.com to plant 15000 plants across the nation. After completion of the ride, the collected funds will be used to plant the trees at various locations in India. The planting and maintenance of the trees will be taken care with the help of GROW-TREES.COM team
About the Fundraiser
“Ride For Green India” is a solo cycling expedition from Kanyakumari to Kashmir, a total of 5000km, to educate the people of rural India on the importance of protecting our environment.
“A Nation that destroys its soil destroys itself. Forests are the lungs of our land, purifying the air and giving air strength to our people”.
The constant felling of trees has been a problem for a long time now and as a result of that it is extremely important for us to create awareness for the same. According to the forest department for every tree felled ten trees should be planted to regain the loss of one.
It’s our own country… Our duty…! As part of my ride, my little contribution to protect the environment is to conduct sessions and workshops about the climate changes, Global warming and environment protection in at least 100 schools, colleges and universities
Planting is a symbol of optimism for the future, of hope that despite all the pressures we face, together we can make a sustaining world for the upcoming future. Our responsibility to make changes in our consumption patterns to ensure a sustainable future.. Teacher links the individual goals of the students to the societal and national goals, as Students are future citizens of our country. My aim is to educate them all and make to understand.
- Conducting sessions and workshops about the climate changes ,Global warming and environment protection in at least 100 schools, colleges and universities
- Sowing seed balls across the ride
- Fund raising for planting as many as 15000 saplings across the country with the help of GROW-TREES (A reputed social enterprise)
- Conducting environmental awareness campaigns at corporate offices, SEZ, Government offices, cities, district towns and villages across the ride.
- Promoting and campaigning for “National mission for a green India”, National Green Highway policy, Swachh Bharat Abhiyan and urban forestry and other state level green initiative.
Ride for Green India execution Plan:
- Pre-ride preparation will be completed by 25th December 2016
- The ride is planned to complete in a total of 100 days from 1st Jan 2017 to 10th April 2017.
- During this ride I am planning to visit 100 schools/colleges/universities and will conduct environment awareness sessions, workshops and plant one tree in every school. Providing ‘Pledge Card’ to individual class room. A document consisting of facts, do’s and don’ts regarding climate change and environment will be provided at every school.
- Sowing seed balls will be carried out across the ride.
- Conducting environmental awareness campaigns at corporate offices, SEZ, Government offices, cities, district towns and villages across the ride
- Fund raising will be carried to plant and maintain 15000 saplings
Path to follow:
I am a software engineer by profession and have a great love for cycling, travelling and trekking. A Passion for cycling, a desire to contribute something for this Great Nation led me to – Ride For better India
I always believe that when every citizen of India feels responsible for this country , when they are doing their bit to solve the common problems of the people, when people not always dependent on the government , India will definitely see the positive change
A positive attitude causes a chain reaction of positive thoughts, events and outcomes. It is a catalyst and it sparks extraordinary results.
My Major Riding Accomplishment(s) Over last few years
- RIDE FOR UNSEEN HEROES (To Thank Indian Army for their selfless efforts, 69KM)
- RIDE FOR HYDERABAD TRAFFIC POLICE (Thanking Hyderabad traffic cops, 146KM)
- RIDE FOR FARMERS SUPPORT (Creating awareness on natural farming techniques, 1100KM)
To know more about my Ride details
What’s app: 9000110541
Few Facts and Stats about Global Warming:
In world 10 among the top 20 polluted cities are in India
- India holds 21.34% as forest cover and 24.16% as tree coverage which is far less from global average (31%) – Forest survey Report 2015.
- Global forest coverage also decreased to 31 from pre industrial age of 45%.
- July 2016 was recorded as world’s hottest month since records began. 2016 is the hottest year for India till now.
Seed ball preparation:
What is seed ball?
Seed balls, also known as “earth balls”, and consist of a variety of different seeds rolled within a ball of clay/paper, preferably volcanic pyroclastic red clay/paper. Into this medium various additives may be included, such as humus or compost.
Seeds balls are an ancient technique for propagating plants from seeds without opening up soil with cultivation tools such as a plow.
Why are seed balls so great?
With knowledge, skill, and patience, seed balls can be as effective a way of establishing plants as plow-seeding or drilling, and they can be made by anyone anywhere in the world that has access to clay, soil, and seed — for no money.
How seed bombs are prepared
- Collect seeds
- Soak the waste papers for 1 day
- The soaked waste papers will be grinded until it becomes paste
- Seeds should be inserted in waste paper paste by draining water.
- Dry the seed bombs in sunlight
- When it rains heavily the seed bombs germinates