With heightened consumer awareness on environment issues, companies need to take proactive steps in supporting green initiatives as a source of competitive advantage. Proactively supporting and undertaking green initiatives are now a part of global good governance practices.
Cassandra Walsh, an HR coordinator at an IT company, and Adam Sulkowski, an assistant professor, analyzed 113 companies from the S&P 250 and concluded that "Employees are more likely to be satisfied with their jobs if they work for a company that's perceived to be environmentally friendly". A firm's financial performance had no correlation with employee happiness levels, the researchers found.
Findings in Australia by Nielsen, the market research firm, found that 68% of consumers are willing to pay more for products from companies who support worthy causes concerned with the environment
According to an Ipsos Mori survey, 80% of respondents across 15 developed nations would prefer working for a company that "has a good reputation for environmental responsibility" - the figure was 81% in the U.S.
Grow-Trees enables companies to not only plant trees, but to also honour customers, employees, dealers and stakeholders with trees through personalized co-branded eTreeCertificates. Send many certificates at once and schedule the automatic delivery of certificates on future dates.
- Thank customers for switching to electronic communication
- Plant trees to welcome new customers
- Plant a tree to every existing customer
- Plant trees to greet customers on festivals
- Gift trees to loyal customers
- Plant trees to complement the launch of a green product
- Gift a tree to every member of your staff
- Give a tree gift to honour star performers
- Plant a grove to honour loyal employees
- Gift a tree to mark employee birthdays / weddings / babies
- Allow employees to plant trees through a Payroll deduction program
Honour Business Associates
- Greet distributors and supply chain partners on birthdays, anniversaries and festivals
- Recognize distributors, stockists and supply chain partners on achievement of sales targets
- Honour supply chain partners that conform to green practices
Carbon Emission Offset
- Set an annual goal on the number of trees to plant to offset all or part of your emissions. It's easy
- Plant trees to help customers offset emissions from product use (either customer is charged a voluntary amount upfront for planting or company plants to offset on customer's behalf or company partners with customer)
- Offset electricity from computer/ IT products
- Offset emissions from air travel
- Offset emissions from car use
- Offset for books purchased
- Offset for customers commute to point of sale
- Grow trees to encourage employees to offset personal emissions by matching employee contributions
- Offset for employee travel
- Offset for employee lifestyle
- Match an employee "give as your earn" scheme
Plant Monthly, Greet Anytime! (NO COST TO THE COMPANY)
Under its Plant Monthly, Greet Anytime! plan, corporates can motivate employees to conveniently plant one or more trees every month at INR 85 per tree(without any hassle of form filling and payment procedures everytime) , which will automatically be stored in their TreeBank account, and dedicate one or more trees at anytime (even at the last moment!) via an eTreeCertificate to greet friends anywhere for birthdays, anniversaries, Diwali, New Year.
Green Benefits to Company
- A study "The Value of Green: The Effect of Environmental Rankings on Market Cap" by N Blumenshine of Middlebury College concluded that "companies with high environmental rankings have higher market cap values than comparable companies with lower rankings".
- The 2011 Carbon Disclosure Project report, prepared for 551 signatory institutional investors representing $71 trillion of assets, shows that the majority of US companies are taking climate change action, despite an absence of mandatory rules
- Nielsen, the market research firm, found that 68% of consumers in Australia are willing to pay more for products from companies who support worthy causes concerned with the environment
- According to an Ipsos Mori survey, 80% (81% in USA) of respondents across 15 developed nations would prefer working for a company that â€œhas a good reputation for environmental responsibility".
- A poll on green employment by MonsterTRAK.com, a job website, found that 92% would be more inclined to work for a company that is environmentally friendly.
- Cassandra Walsh, an HR coordinator at an IT company, and Adam Sulkowski, an assistant professor, analyzed 113 companies from the S&P 250 and concluded that "Employees are more likely to be satisfied with their jobs if they work for a company that's perceived to be environmentally friendly". A firm's financial performance had no correlation with employee happiness levels, the researchers found
- HSBC, which employs more than 300,000 staff worldwide, has been running a â€œclimate championâ€Â program since 2007. When HSBC staff were asked how they felt about working at the bank,.... the highest scoring item was the companyâ€™s sustainability work. (Financial Times, March 21, 2011)
- "Although it is hard to measure, such (green) movesppear, at least anecdotally, to have a positive effect on staff morle, and on recruitment and retention." (Joseph Milton, Financial Times, March 21,2011)
- Mr Arnott at Accenture says losing a staff member costs between 0.8 and 1.8 times the employeeâ€™s salary, so improving retention saves money. (Financial Times, March 21, 2011)
- The Annual Sustainability Executive Survey, 2012, a poll of close to 50 companies 80 percent of which have revenues of $1 billion or more, found that 88 percent plan to invest significantly in employee engagement through sustainability initiatives
- Gallupâ€™s surveys suggest Indians are more worried about their environment than are people in rich countries (The Economist, Dec 17-30, 2011)
Corporate Social Responsibility
- Mark company milestones
- Start a company grove
- Adopt a tree planting project
- Offset emissions from business operations
- Or to simply benefit our planet
Please write to us to discuss these ideas or with any questions you have.